DJI SPARK or MAVIC | Best Traveling Drone?

Many of you are going to travel with your drones this summer.
Which drone is better for traveling? Mavic or Spark, Spark or Mavic… Maybe you didn’t buy one yet so we have done the work for you. Watch the video and buy the best for your necessities.

Music Audio Library (CC, nd, by):

Garage – Topher Mohr and Alex Elena
Music Vibe with Me – Joakim Karud
Always Vlog Music – Dj Quads

22 thoughts on “DJI SPARK or MAVIC | Best Traveling Drone?

• August 6, 2017 at 9:33 PM

BIt misleading dude… Best travelling drone is the title of the vid and you have two drones. It implies your going to tell us which one is best if you can only have one. Your conclusion…. use the small one for smallish locations and the bigger one for bigger locations.
    There should have been a decision with one or the other. I mean this in a constructive way for your future vids.

• August 6, 2017 at 10:27 PM

That's funny. The noise level was metered for both and came out at the same noise level of 83dBm. They have different sound signatures though. The mavic sound like a weed whacker and the spark like a high powered drill

• August 7, 2017 at 1:06 AM

Great! and thanks for the tipp to turn off the spark 😉

• August 7, 2017 at 2:26 AM

Alex… what’s the model for your glasses? Thanks for the video. That’s a question we all have about the best traveling drone!!

• August 9, 2017 at 5:35 PM

Very nais! Sometimes you sound like a Borat. Jagshemash your country have a very nice landscape!

• August 14, 2017 at 6:59 PM

Hi Alex, another outstanding video so well done to you and your trusty sidekick! The new camera does make a difference, but I am sure that YouTube's coversion does rob some of your lovely footage of its original quality, but never mind – it still looks and sounds great! As for the content, it was up to your usual editorial standards. You had me laughing with your dancing down the stairs – you are a real wag, Alex (that is Aussie slang, but it is a complement – it just means you are a flamboyant character!)

As for the choice between the Spark and the Mavic, here in Australia the Spark is hardly cheap, especially by the time you add in the remote controller, whereas the Mavic is being heavily discounted by retailers now that it has been out for a while. Had I been more patient, I certainly could have bought a Macic for considerably less than I bought mine! Having said that, I have no regrets. I love my Mavic Pro. I think it is the best balance for anyone who wants more than a selfie cam! 🙂

• August 25, 2017 at 8:11 PM

DON'T BUY THE SPARK!! IT'S GARBAGE! NEVER WORKS CORRECTLY! ABSOLUTE TRASH!!!

• August 26, 2017 at 6:19 AM

When I fly my phantom 4 on holiday sometimes people come to me and I get very scared

• August 29, 2017 at 2:07 AM

Nice video. I say choose the Mavic and here's why. 1.) the Mavic's camera and gimbal is better 2. When folded, the Mavic is more compact. 3. With the controller, the spark at $700 is only $200 cheaper than the Mavic. 4.) The Mavic has a longer flight time. 5.) With the Mavic's camera, it can be used for many professional jobs. In my view the Mavic wins. That being said, make sure if you want to make money with your drone in the US, get your FAA cert. Got mine in two weeks by watching youtube videos on METARS and Sectionals. Also used a really good training app called UAS107 (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uas107.openrobotix.labs&hl=en). Spark would be better if it was around $399 with controller.

• September 24, 2017 at 4:55 PM

Hi, thanks for the video, I think is worth nothing that the shoulder bag that comes with the spark fly more combo also fits a Mavic, so size wise if you are using the provided bag it will use the same amount of space.

• October 13, 2017 at 1:58 AM

To those wondering since he never really completly says.. But get the Mavic.. although its more expensive, its a better bang for the buck. I friend of mine got the spark and it seems like a toy in comparison. If you're going to spend a lot of money on something you might as well get something nice. The mavic folded up also takes up around the same amount of space.

• October 29, 2017 at 3:24 AM

Aren't you just overloading the Spark's ESCs when you do that to turn the Spark or it says you can do that in the manual? Because it looks like it will eventually burn out the ESCs if you keep doing that.

• November 14, 2017 at 5:21 AM

Lol when people ride motorcycles in just shorts and a shirt….squid

• December 6, 2017 at 10:56 PM

Lmao, riding a bike in shorts and shirt. One fall and your be down to the bone. Apart from that! Great vid. 👍🏽

• January 22, 2018 at 7:49 PM

Pas de problèmes avec les. Batteries dans l’avion? car je part pour la Guyane.