Cinematic DJI Mavic vs Spark | Can you tell the difference?

Mavic and Spark owners defense their drones to the death but will they spot the difference between Mavic and Spark in cinematic footage? Let’s play a little game!

Music:

Let Her In – Silent Partner
Summer Smile – Silent Partner
Summer Moments – Del

28 thoughts on “Cinematic DJI Mavic vs Spark | Can you tell the difference?

• August 10, 2017 at 4:02 PM

I guessed two of the three Spark clips but didn't get all three. They're very close for sure. Overall I still like the Mavic video a little better.

• August 10, 2017 at 4:41 PM

Were the Mavic shots 4k or 1080p? I could not tell the difference by just looking at the shots….

• August 10, 2017 at 5:33 PM

Your studio lighting sucks…I love your work though. Keep it up.

• August 11, 2017 at 12:22 AM

I think it's pretty easy to tell the difference, especially if you're watching full screen. The Spark just doesn't have the same crispness that the Mavic does…just seems really soft. I think you can especially tell on things like trees and bushes for some reason. I just got a Spark myself (and am loving it), so I'm not hating on it at all…just being realistic lol.

• August 11, 2017 at 7:13 AM

You should do it in 4K to spot the differences ;). Oh… Wait?
    Joke apart, as soon as you do orbits, the difference is pretty clear. I was almost 100% correct(thought the 6th was spark).

• August 14, 2017 at 3:09 PM

I watched the selections just once and scored 100% on figuring out which was Mavic vs Spark. I was watching on a 13" laptop with a 1080 screen and it was really pretty easy.

• August 15, 2017 at 9:00 PM

The human eye can't see more than 30FPS. So no difference there.

• August 20, 2017 at 9:29 AM

if anyone shooting video seriously with drones, i do recommend mavic pro well beyond a spark. alot more native features built right in, better gimbal, more options. d-log, cinelike, change frame rate around. and alot more filters that work well on mavic pro whereas on spark sometimes fails initialization because extra weight or it causes sag with extra weight over time. also mavic pro's battery life allows for more time shooting or more locations shooting depending how you use it. occusync is a dream come true for range and quality of signal and efficiency. way better than even lightbridge on phantom 4 pros and inspire 2 series, and night and day difference from dual band wifi on spark and older DJi drones. like its amazing how much better occusync really is from even inspire 2 signal quality and phantom 4 pro's

the spark is fantastic peice of kit, but do not expect to just fly out and get these shots, you will need filters and know how to manually tweak the limits range of settings the spark has. i see the spark more as a drone for people who aren't all that serious about flying or video work, they just want something that's easy, fun and not intimidating around other people. the spark fills that well.. the mavic pro intimidates people…A LOT MORE. specially in backyard or small parks.

mavic pro folded up isn't much larger than a spark, but there is more to watch out for when carrying it in a bag, like using a gimbal guard is really recommended for mavic pro.. but if all you're worried about is size and weight for getting a drone somewhere, mavic pro i think still wins because once on location, a single battery will give u atleast 20 minutes unless fighting 10mph wind in sport mode. , range is massive, i have no trouble covering 3 miles in the open. and semi open areas like neighborhoods, parks, and open water i managed nearly 5 miles, Occusync ftw. the spark furthest i managed on non modded config was 1.3 miles, most of my runs seemed to run around 2500 feet – 3500 feet before signal is too problematic, that's major downside of wifi, also sparks battery is terrible, 12-14 minutes is what i manage on average without sport mode usage on clear day. on a day with some modest breeze like 5mph and using sport mode i tend to get 9 minutes. also for the spark you need to really buy fly more combo to have it make sense, since RC is a massive game changer in range and quality of usage, but at $700 its tip toeing into the Mavic Pro's territory a bit too close. i still deeply admire the spark, its something i pack still as a backup drone and as a quieter drone to sneak up on things with…mainly animals, but i cannot recommend spark over mavic pro at its current price and current feature set and limitations. if spark was $300 for base drone only and $500 for drone spare battery and RC then its no brainer..

• August 20, 2017 at 3:12 PM

The difference is huge. And even more so with the bigger ones. You just shot around things that won't give much of a difference. The locale was just too bland to show the artifacts.

• August 21, 2017 at 12:05 AM

Great comparison. I think people have been duped into thinking that that the 4K image is better then the 1080 just because it shoots in 4K. ITs really about the lens and the glass, which I think is superior on the spark due to its fixed nature. Thanks for sharing.

• September 7, 2017 at 10:09 AM

It'r really easy to spot for me , however the Spark is not bad for the money you pay for it , but let's not forget that 3 times higher bitrate of the Mavic for sure can make a huge difference in the final result if you do post.

• October 21, 2017 at 5:15 PM

If you never gave the answers all these helmets would never know , I thought 6 was a Nokia 3310 on a paper airplane

• November 8, 2017 at 11:12 PM

First you are comparing a 4k (2160p) camera with a FHD Camera, in FHD (1080p). That is like comparing a Toyota to a Ferrari, but the Ferrari only get to use 3rd gear. The Ferrari is still quicker, but very limited.

I record video in 4k so I can watch it tomorrow, for the memories, and to share with others. Remember when we use to film in VGA (640 x 480) and how bad it looked on a FHD TV. We will all have 4k TV in the near future (I do now). Do you want, in the future, to look back at the video, you took in FHD, on your new 4k …. 8k ….TV??? I want the best I can get today at a reasonable price, so I will want to watch it in the future (until I get an 8k TV …. hahahahaha).

Sorry for the rant, just my thoughts.

I think they should have produced it in 4k first, and then maybe FHD.