DJI ZENMUSE X7 | A NEW REVOLUTION

The new X7 is here! Really hope you like it 🙂
We will read your questions about the X7 and make another video for you guys.
Thanks for watching!

Also Instagram:

24 thoughts on “DJI ZENMUSE X7 | A NEW REVOLUTION

• October 26, 2017 at 3:57 AM

How are you getting these products for review, when you… well shall we say winging it in product knowledge??

• October 27, 2017 at 10:03 AM

I have to disagree with you on a few points.
    We fly some I2 with X5S on a professional level and have done many high end productions with it. So we know exactly what the different systems are capable of.
    First of all the X5S and also the X7 body includes the sensor only. All data handling is done by the CineCore inside the Inspire 2 and not inside the camera. This is also the reason why it can't work with the current OSMO, as a new version will need a integrated CineCore and SSD drive first. So the X5S and X7 alone can't be compared to other camera bodies.
    A full production setup will cost 15-20k, not 12k. Otherwise you won't have enough batteries, chargers, remotes etc.
    Stating the I2 as a solo production unit is also wrong in most situations. For decent productions and anything superior you'll need a setup with a pilot and a separate camera operator. This is even a requirement in many countries around the world, as the pilot needs to hold eyes on the drone. Flying in 3D space and managing a camera in 3-axis while following a subject is not possible. Yes there are some dji functions that track, but these are just toys. Working on decent projects will always need full manual position control over the image.
    For most productions the X5S will do, as most aerial shots are done in F5.6 to f8 anyway. And CinemaDNG 5.2k is still a overkill for many projects these days. Most of the time ProRes 422 or 4444 XQ is requested and works even for Cinema productions.
    We did order the X7 and full lens kit on day one. Why?
    The only reason is better low light performance, same quality trough different glas, and a s35 sensor that matches the look of other cinema cameras even better.
    Also we keep the value of the I2 longer up for the moment when there will be a newer drone and we will sell it.
    So the question should be really what do your customer need? My clients often Shoot with Amira, Alexa XT, Alexa Mini and RED's. So for them its a nice addition to what they already love from the X5S.
    Will they pay more? Certainly not. Its just a freebie for them so they know we care for them.
    Will a X7 be able to replace a bigger drone with Arri or RED? In theory very often. But in real life, productions often want the same camera in the air as they shoot on the ground. DP's want specific glas with remote pulled Aperture and focus. So as soon as these aspects come into play you won't get the job, even with a X7.
    We are really looking forward to work with the X7 as we already love working with the X5S.

• October 27, 2017 at 10:20 AM

Just buying it when a new Osmo comes out (If it comes, my bet is December, February next). Otherwise, paying 4k for a set of lenses and a camera that only works at the sky is such limited…

• October 30, 2017 at 1:36 AM

I really want to see a 100% crop from the x7 from the air… I want to see how sharp the image is with the new lenses..

• October 31, 2017 at 7:02 AM

The biggest problem with drones to use in film industry was camera and flight time. One is gone with this X7, now DJI must focus on flight time of Inspire

• October 31, 2017 at 12:45 PM

Do your research.
    An APS-C is regarded as a Super 35mm sensor.
    For instance Nikons DX sensor is 24x16mm, quite a bit lager than the X7.

• November 1, 2017 at 1:06 PM

Sorry but you cannot put your X5S onto the Osmo. Only the X5 & X5R

• November 28, 2017 at 6:35 AM

nice video buddy.. and nice sunglasses too.. what sunglasses are they by the way??

• December 8, 2017 at 4:36 AM

Hi there, really like your videos and your channel, I was just wondering when you said the phantom 4 pro was a micro 4/3rds sensor and compares to the zemuse x4, if you had your facts straight, because I own the Phantom 4 Pro +, and Ino for a fact it has a 1 inch sensor that’s the same cmos sony censor from the Sony a6000, and that it is compared to the zemuse x5 at least, so not trying to call you out or nothing, like I said I love your show and I am a subscriber and I like all your videos and have learned some things from them in the small time I’ve been subscribed, I just wanted to make sure you had your facts straight. Anyway, Thankyou for your footage, keep on keeping on!

• December 21, 2017 at 10:45 PM

The frame rate in this video is like nails on a chalkboard. Nothing against you guys or what you are saying, keep doing what you're doing. But that frame rate hurts my soul.

• December 22, 2017 at 1:08 PM

dude in which camera you shoot this review video, quite impressive

• December 31, 2017 at 11:25 PM

Okay Thanks bro, I got everything straight in my head. Anyway I’m not gunna blab too much in this comment but I just wanted to trouble you with one little question: I had a budget of $600 dollars for my girlfriends Christmas present, and she wanted a professional camera in wich she can start a little business with and shoot photography for stuff like wedding photography, newborns, etc. So we had narrowed it down to three cameras, well actually two cameras because the third was a Nikon, and me and my girlfriend both didn’t think Nikon was that good of a camera and for the price I was paying they weren’t good Nikon models, so we narrowed it to a Cannon T6i, and the one I liked for her and that she was leaning towards also was the Sony Alpha6000, wich from my research alone I heard from countless professional photographers that swore by the Sony A6000, also she was finding in her own research that the Sony A6000 was a good camera and the one she was wanting, especially after we went to Best Buy and held both cameras and looked through both cameras live views and took some snap shots, she definitely liked the A6000, and not to mention it was a mirrorless camera, so we decided on the Sony Alpha6000, being that we only had $600 to spend, so that’s what I bought her and wrapped up for Christmas. Anyway what is your opinion about the option we chose as her professional camera, also she had a Sony in the past that she sold so she knew a little about Sony professional cameras, but I would love to know your opinion and I don’t care if it’s negative I won’t get mad, I just want to know if the choice I chose was the right one for the budget and all, or if there was better options etc. Anyway I love your show as always, two thumbs up, let me know your opinion if you can, and always keep on filming!

• January 1, 2018 at 5:19 PM

Happy New Year bro!! And thanks for the info! That’s what I expected but it’s nice to hear your opinion, and I’ll definitely check out your photography channel! Anyway thanks for the info and keep on making those awesome shows for your channels!

• January 5, 2018 at 6:03 PM

the reason that it is so small is that it is only the sensor the camera is in the drone itself this is why the camera will not fit the inspire 1.

• January 6, 2018 at 5:56 PM

what camera/lens did you use to film this video? if you don't mind me asking.

• January 21, 2018 at 2:07 PM

Sorry, but we own both the X5S and X7 camera on 2x inspire 2 drones. I prefer the image from the X5S camera over the X7, it looks a cleaner sharper image. We have done many back to back comparisons. For our film work we choose the X5S camera every time (DJi 17mm lens + 45mm Olympus lens are my favorite on X5S and on X7 35mm lens)

• January 28, 2018 at 6:06 PM

Really like your shades bro. What brand is it.

• March 1, 2018 at 4:03 PM

Good video mate.

I want your sunglasses! What are they and where do you get them??