DJI Mavic Air Footage Comparison Spark + Pro Platinum

Download footage: https://goo.gl/NLukGM

Lots of you been asking whether the DJI Mavic Air camera improves the quality of the DJI Spark or Mavic Pro Platinum, so we tested it, here are the results.

49 thoughts on “DJI Mavic Air Footage Comparison Spark + Pro Platinum

• February 1, 2018 at 7:12 AM

You did not value Mavic Pro Platinum properly. In fact, they are filming much better. On my part, the comparison test is not fair!

• February 1, 2018 at 7:32 AM

I want you to do a Evo (autel robotics drone) test flight. Thank you in advance.

• February 1, 2018 at 8:13 AM

I might be missing something here but what is the point of comparing video footage quality when you upscale everything to 4K? Do Apples to Oranges and let the chips fall where they may.

• February 1, 2018 at 11:24 AM

We really hope you like this real flying comparison, as you can see there's a difference on all three cameras. Which one do you like better? Btw, please do not click on links people are leaving in the comments, we're reporting for spam, and their channels will have a strike soon. thanks 🙂 keep flying!!

• February 1, 2018 at 11:49 AM

There is definitely something off with the Mavic Pro footage. You can see the ripples of distortion and reflextion. It looks like you are either shooting through a shitty filter, or you left the cover on. It was on in some clips and off in others….

• February 1, 2018 at 1:45 PM

The mavic air gives me a chubby.

• February 1, 2018 at 1:50 PM

good compare 4K will be interested….

• February 1, 2018 at 3:44 PM

Thanks for this comparisson. Color-wise I like the Mavic-Air. The Mavic-Pro really needs some color-grading. But right out of the box the Mavic-Air is the winner (my opinion).

• February 1, 2018 at 3:51 PM

I found the air footage a little better than the pro…on some shots. However with the pro you notice more details like the power lines, I could hardly see the power lines in the air footage

• February 1, 2018 at 6:34 PM

I just wanted to say that triple split screen thumbnail is great.

• February 1, 2018 at 9:46 PM

Watched it on an iPhone so not much value. Would have liked you to comment on the footage and let where you can freeze it and pixel peep…

• February 1, 2018 at 11:00 PM

Hey great video! I was wondering if the magic air can shoot portrait photos like the Mavic pro?

• February 2, 2018 at 12:03 AM

The Mavic Air has been reported to be a lot noisier than the Mavic Pro. Not good when your trying to capture video in the early hours near holiday resorts and populated areas. Does not go down well with lots of people. Hopefully DJI will have a fix for the noise problem down the track.

• February 2, 2018 at 8:43 AM

guys you need to split the screen horizontally. this is incomparable!

• February 2, 2018 at 5:34 PM

One Idea is, to use on all cams the dlog . Then you can compare the pics much more better, because all drones make their own colorizing.

But nevertheless, thanks a lot for this video, this was lots of work worth to see.

• February 2, 2018 at 8:08 PM

Pro looks the worst, sadly.

• February 3, 2018 at 2:15 AM

Just subscribe to your channel great video keep them coming. I just got my mavic air yesterday

• February 4, 2018 at 12:41 AM

100 megabits per second for the Mavic Air…the SWEET SPOT for 4 K currently IMO. However, I've been really liking my Air's 2.7K at 60FPS!! Smaller file size and the quality is still pretty damn awesome! Just my 2¢ worth!! Nice Vid!!

• February 4, 2018 at 11:00 AM

I really want to know how to do the best Camera setting for the Pro, it's too much exposed. I have no clue to adjust. please assist

• February 10, 2018 at 12:34 AM

this is not the way to compare cameras. i have seen better mavic pro shots from my craft.

• February 11, 2018 at 11:25 PM

Compliment, a very good video. I am surprised by the quality of the videos of the Mavic Air. Did you shoot at Mavic Air with 100 fps?

• February 19, 2018 at 1:12 PM

Difficult to realize this type of comparison. It must be done with a quick mission (litchi mission hub) repeated with minor lighting difference and, the most important, IN MANUAL MODE. For example, at 3'35", we can see a massive difference but just due to different speed, not due to the drone difference.

• February 19, 2018 at 5:31 PM

Shaky footage seen on mavic pro. Looks like spark gimbal is better than mavic pro :/

• February 21, 2018 at 1:27 PM

thanks We talk UAV. I like to ask something. I just got my sparks back. RC controller went crazy flying off on its own. I also got mavic pro. Last week there was firmware update and dji go app update. Since then the spark and mavic pro don't brake anymore ( obstacle avoidance on) They crash right into the wall. Before I fly and after an update I always test out obstacle avoidance for there a lots of trees around here and before no matter if you pulled forward at 2m the drones would stop. Now after the update a week ago they just beep wildly and crash into the wall. Can you check that out??? Please?? thanks

• March 5, 2018 at 2:57 PM

Looks like the gimbal shield on the Air acts as a sunshade…interesting