TESTING the DJI Phantom 4 PRO 2.0

Here are three tests we’ve done as you told us to on the DJI Phantom 4 PRO 2.0, well the results are interesting…

49 thoughts on “TESTING the DJI Phantom 4 PRO 2.0

• May 11, 2018 at 8:18 PM

Well done! It’s about time we seen those flying skills ? how about doing a nice flight with some good scenery.
    Thanks and Regards.

• May 11, 2018 at 8:21 PM

Nice video and well done. I wonder what was wrong with the goggle sync?

• May 11, 2018 at 8:21 PM

Good video as always , would be good if you could test the Ocusync range CE , as I’m in the UK. It would be good to see it fly with the goggles when you can

• May 11, 2018 at 8:30 PM

Real Soundtest = P4P V1 old Props vs P4P V2 new Props!

• May 11, 2018 at 8:34 PM

I cannot believe Dji Phantom really is a drone that really is a identical version of the one before with a couple of small changes it must be because there is no competition and that making a V2 Is basically selling people the same exact product

• May 11, 2018 at 9:07 PM

Thank you for putting out a MUCH better review this time Alex. I have given you a thumbs up for this one 🙂

• May 11, 2018 at 9:13 PM

Can anyone tell me if I could fit those new quieter props onto my standard Phantom 4 and still have it fly as usual? (Thanks in advance for any thoughts)

• May 11, 2018 at 9:14 PM

But there was also wind going against the wind so the P4P could have gotten More time.

• May 11, 2018 at 9:21 PM

I ordered my package today.  Got to get those goggles figured out.

• May 11, 2018 at 10:11 PM

Range test with new n old props. Forget about them big ass goggles jus let that bitch fly as far as she can go. I wanna see what ocusync has for the phantom. Good job guys. Luv ur videos 👏

• May 11, 2018 at 10:12 PM

I dont know but your videos are high quality contenent congrats to Chivo! I dont know if the name is right 🙁

• May 11, 2018 at 10:40 PM

Well Done Alex! Great review of the new Phantom 4 2.0. 1.25 minutes longer flight time is a good thing, but it wasn't 30 minutes; how much wind did you have that day? Thank You!

• May 11, 2018 at 11:23 PM

Well done for releasing a factual test on the new p4. From my view it’s been well worth the wait having owned the original p4 and a Mavic Air (which was disappointing)

• May 12, 2018 at 12:05 AM

Great video as usual Alex 🙂 But I think I will keep my Obsidian and Platinum for now…

• May 12, 2018 at 12:25 AM

Just blow it up, and send it back to Dji with the message: we want a Phantom 5 not an updated Phantom 4!

• May 12, 2018 at 2:25 AM

If it is like the Mavic Air, cable connection will only work.

• May 12, 2018 at 3:08 AM

Thanks for the great review. My New V2.0 is suppose to arrive May 15. Almost as bad as waiting for Christmas as a kid.

• May 12, 2018 at 4:24 AM

Typical release from DJI. You're the BETA tester. It will need a firmware update to connect the goggles. Good comparison on noise and flight time! Thanks!

• May 12, 2018 at 7:37 AM

I always like your video thanks where are you originally from ? Handsome as well

• May 12, 2018 at 8:57 AM

Hey like this if u think they should check if the controller works with the mavic as it also uses ocu sync

• May 12, 2018 at 11:36 AM

thanks for doing a good review finally… glad u listened to our advice and requests!

• May 12, 2018 at 4:45 PM

is not a better drone if the camera is the same specs It all about the camera to capture images

• May 12, 2018 at 10:59 PM

your shirt, is amazing,i love french cut, or collar less shirt, who make and where could i buy them?

• May 13, 2018 at 12:08 AM

Thanks for the review. I wonder if they will be coming out with Pro + 2.0 with the built in crystalsky monitor for remote in the obsidian color? Just a thought……

• May 13, 2018 at 11:36 AM

that high pitch is the one hearable from great distance. it wil make my old Ph 4 stealthier they do fit on the classic PH 4 don't they?

• May 13, 2018 at 1:30 PM

If you go to the DJI Goggle RE Download page you will see there is a new software version which will allow it to link with the P4Pv2.0. Right now it is only in the release notes dated May 9th. Which all makes sense that it would require a software update since when the Goggles RE were released there was no P4 that had Ocusync.

• May 13, 2018 at 2:53 PM

I ordered it after your first video. This 2.0 product is more like an s version iPhone, or a stable version software. It’s not a p4p user is expecting maybe. But for people entering the “pro” field, like myself, it is actually an awesome product. Combining good features from both p4p and mavic pro. The only thing I will complain is that it still seems less stable than the mavic pro from the timelapse video, rotated a bit and didn’t hold the altitude very well. Can you confirm that, or put that to a test? Thanks.

• May 13, 2018 at 8:58 PM

Whats with the thumbs down.. What's wrong with people ? Good job.

• May 14, 2018 at 10:33 PM

I hope the Phantom 5 has retracting legs, a full range gimbal, and dual operator mode.

• May 15, 2018 at 12:27 AM

I don’t really think it is a true comparison for time and sound. If you want to do a proper comparison then it needs to be a comparison between the old P4Pro and the new V2.0, not just changing props. For the time, the same applies but you would need to use the same battery for both.

• May 15, 2018 at 9:56 PM

I had a better experience. My P4Pro+ 2.0 arrived yesterday. I got it set up, updated and activated. My goggles arrived today. I plugged them in to charge them, activated them through DJI Assistant 2, upgraded the firmware to the 5-9-2018 version (I think this might be what you missed), and when I went to connection options in the goggles, "Phantom 4 Pro 2.0" was in the same connection category as the Mavic Air. I pressed the link button on the Phantom, and within a few seconds, I was linked. I powered everything down, then back up again, and everything connected flawlessly. No cables, no fuss.

• June 4, 2018 at 6:13 AM

I understand it is not just the props but some change they did in the motors

• June 26, 2018 at 12:22 PM

Love the review keep them coming pity about goggle Connection issue no sorted now ….?
    Wondered if the flying experience with goggles (when working) is worth the outlay not ever used before .
    Have used Samsungs vr headset with s8 phone some games do make you feel a bit queasy …..?