3 Things we HATE About each of our DJI Products

Kinotika channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXgp79DhuEmQy25AsY2nKQA

3 thing we don’t like that much after using all these DJI drones for a while now…do you agree?

41 thoughts on “3 Things we HATE About each of our DJI Products

• May 22, 2018 at 6:12 PM

I HATE THE BEGINNER MODE!!! and the lag in live feed!!!

• May 22, 2018 at 6:13 PM

OH, and I hate DJI's customer service… that's it for now :-)))

• May 22, 2018 at 6:45 PM

retractable landing gear and 360 camera on phantom X, hopefully..

• May 22, 2018 at 7:02 PM

Side sensors also work in Tripod mode… But yeah I get what you mean.. They could, and still can, make them work in GPS mode…

• May 22, 2018 at 7:04 PM

Wait, you only have 2 things you hated about the P4P… The side sensors and customer service.

• May 22, 2018 at 7:18 PM

Very good review covering the complete line of DJI drones; I think you've covered the pro's and con's very well, thank you!

• May 22, 2018 at 7:35 PM

The side sensors on the P4P also work in Tripod mode not just beginner mode. They are only infrared so do not have the range of the optical sensors, so the speed of the P4P must be slow enough for them to be effective. Maybe the P5 will have optical sensors on the side and top as well 🙂

• May 22, 2018 at 8:53 PM

I really dont want to sound rude and nagging, but have you and the crew talked about the drones yet?

• May 22, 2018 at 9:33 PM

Seriously you are worried about the range or signal drop out “ if there is a mountain between you and the drone”? Dude mountains are huge like many kilometres wide so if there is a mountain between you and your spark you have done bloody well to get it that far away from you in the first place

• May 22, 2018 at 10:50 PM

So we don't like it when we spend less money and get less features?…. Yep, I hate that my Dodge Challenger Shaker isn't a 707hp Hellcat! Dodge needs to improve that asap! Hahaha! What you are basically saying is that you're mad that your $400 drone doesn't have the features of your $700 drone, you're mad that your $700 drone doesn't have the features of your $1000 drone and you're mad that your $1000 drone doesn't have the features of your $1500 drone. Are you sure that you're okay with your Phantom 4 Pro not having the features of an Inspire 2? I mean some idiot in the comments is mad that the Phantom doesn't have retractable landing gear….

• May 22, 2018 at 11:10 PM

Well, if you want better connection over long distances, be sure to switch over to 2.4 GHz by changing between certain channels. Also you can improve video feedback by turning the antennas until they're perpendicular to the remote body, then direct them so that the flat side is facing the general location of your aircraft. If you plan on going LONG distance (over 1,500 feet), fly at a greater altitude as this will eliminate WiFi and other interference from houses below. When going over a mile with my Spark, I typically like to keep it at a solid 350-400 feet in altitude, I angle my antennas toward the drone, and i switch over to a lower channel to achieve that helpful 2.4 GHz. Hope this helps 🙂

• May 22, 2018 at 11:20 PM

Woulda,coulda,shoulda. Still the best available on the market, all of em. 👍

• May 22, 2018 at 11:21 PM

Dude the Mavic air is the spark 2, how are people not seeing this

• May 22, 2018 at 11:27 PM

The bottom line is DJI is here to make money they're never going to give you everything in one drone they're always going to purposely leave an important piece of the puzzle out so you'll buy the other drones it's always going to be that way.

They already know what model they're going to build in what upgrades are they going to do probably 3 years in advance for each drone…

• May 22, 2018 at 11:37 PM

Thank you so much for your HONESTY!! I own the DJI line as well and agree with your findings 100% especially the customer support!!! lol even after you spend THOUSANDS!!!

• May 23, 2018 at 12:13 AM

With all the little things that may seem wrong with them, I still would not buy any other drone but a DJI.

• May 23, 2018 at 1:47 AM

360 obstacle avoidance in beginner mode only..? …just wtf were they thinking.!

• May 23, 2018 at 1:56 AM

I think that a mountain between you and a drone would limit the range on most drones. You should have a clear line of sight between you and the drone 😑

• May 23, 2018 at 12:11 PM

We need to stop griping for p5 & mp2….. instead work on learning to use the features of the drones we own & developing better flight techniques.
    Fly More & Fly Safe 🙂

• May 23, 2018 at 12:13 PM

Question:
    If there was no DJI what would you be flying now?
    Appreciate what we have to work with and work on getting and doing better with it!
    Create more, complain less….. Fly Safe. Valid points by the way 🙂

• May 23, 2018 at 5:33 PM

The only problem with DJI is their customer service but their drone is the best there is…Bar none.
    US drone companies can't even compete with their price and features…Not even close.
    "Things we don't like that much after using all these DJI drones" – As if you have other choices.
    Just be thankful that we have DJI.

• May 23, 2018 at 5:56 PM

I agrew Alex the only thing i dnt like about my P4P is the side sensors only work in beginner mode..that is something i couldnt figure out why they did that..otherwise great info..thanks for sharing.

• May 23, 2018 at 6:48 PM

Theres more than 3 . MY pet peeves are they are not waterproof and they dont float. I i have lost three into the abyss of the Pacific ocean.. two in a week.. and dji doesnt make a float kit or waterproofing kit.. I prefer the phantom 4 pro. Its a more stable platform that the Mavic. The phantom 4 is not affected by wind as much as the Mavic. I have lot two of those too.. i have lost three Phantoms 4s in the abyss. And two Mavics in the Amazon jungle. I have lost any in the artic regions be xause i dont. Go there i dont like snow or the cold..

• May 23, 2018 at 8:08 PM

Is the Mavic Air in this video, the one that you done the crash test with?? And if yes, is it ok?

• May 23, 2018 at 8:09 PM

• May 23, 2018 at 10:04 PM

The most hated things about DJI products #1 No Fly Zones #2 High Price #3 Terrible Customer Service That's a real list..

• May 24, 2018 at 9:43 AM

As much as I have hated DJI's customer service in the past, I recently had to use care refresh on my Mavic Pro and have a remote replaced under warranty on one. I got both back replaced from DJI in 8 days including shipping. I'm in the USA so I know customer service is regional for them but it's getting better here at least.

• May 24, 2018 at 12:12 PM

The gimbal of Phantoms!! (and Inspires too)… the horizon, it goes 'off' sometimes without any reason and not adjustable …. furthermore, Phantom 4Pro, awesome machine! Can take a lot!

Ow, 'hate' is towards the updates that always come when you start (even when you checked it couple of hours ago).

• May 24, 2018 at 6:37 PM

You forgot to mention the problem with the props getting in the shot. I wish they would do something for the Phantom line to eliminate this problem.

• May 25, 2018 at 9:58 AM

The problem with the big drone is it's too big and the problem with small drones is they are too small for a big camera. Oh and if you crash they are likely to break! That was a total waste of 10 minutes.

• June 3, 2018 at 6:09 PM

Is the dji mavic pro platinum camera better than the dji mavic pro camera?