DJI DRONES YOU WON’T GUESS WHICH ONE IS FILMING

Creativity or quality? DJI Mavic Air, Phantom 4 PRO 2.0 and Mavic Pro Platinum on this test. Did you guess the right answer?

Music: Simon More – Summer Vibes, Ikson – Wander

42 thoughts on “DJI DRONES YOU WON’T GUESS WHICH ONE IS FILMING

• May 24, 2018 at 6:46 PM

I don't care what you shot with, great video, great subject, great flying, good job!! I use a Phantom 4 advanced plus. Being able to see stuff from the air is so cool.

• May 24, 2018 at 6:57 PM

This is incredible. I just did a very similar video that was supposed to air today, but was rescheduled for tomorrow morning. Great minds think alike!

• May 24, 2018 at 7:19 PM

Air is better than Mavic Pro and Phantom 4 PRO is far far better than both Mavic — now is about good and Right time to DJI put Mavic PRO II with half inch sensor or little bigger ( newer – laste generation Sony backlight with far better s/n ratio both in ISO and DR) and 100mbps and 60 fps for 4k – because atm Air have better iso, better bitrate, better DR and more sensor for far less money, Mavic have Ocusync as only thing that is better …

and btw I recognized without a problem what dron is a,b and c it is easy to tell .. but great video ..

• May 24, 2018 at 7:19 PM

My first impression of the comparison: A-good color balance, B-very sharp/clear image, C-balanced between A&B. I know, I was supposed to guess the drone but since I don't have experience using them, just noted the difference in image. Would I buy one? Yes, the Mavic Air.

• May 24, 2018 at 8:16 PM

You guys doing a great Job and all These Videos are a big help. because of you i bought the Mavic Air and still very happy with this:

• May 24, 2018 at 9:00 PM

A=Phantom 4 PRO 2.0
    B=Mavic air
    C=Mavic Pro
    Why do you used filters in the Mavic pro? and not on the phantom

• May 24, 2018 at 9:13 PM

How can people dislike something that's free, do one ballroots… Got all three right, not much in it

• May 24, 2018 at 10:26 PM

A was Mavic Air, B was Phantom, C was Mavic platinum

Ok so this next part is after seeing what the answers were, and omg I actually got them all correct!

• May 24, 2018 at 10:35 PM

FYI

I purchase the MAVIC AIR and the MAVIC PRO at the same time..

With the intentions of returning the one I did not like.

After about 7 Days of continuous flights with both I RETURNED THE MAVIC AIR!!!

The air is a great drone. But there are things that I don't care about.. if you are professional UAV pilot and you know how to fly your drone. YOU DON'T NEED ALL THE GIMMICKS THAT THE AIR HAS..

I consider the MAVIC AIR more of a amateur drone, or a beginner drone that does a lot of automatic things so you can have fun.. like the modes, and gestures that will surely make you bored after a while..

THINGS I DON'T LIKE ABOUT THE AIR.. IT IS SO FREAKING NOISY!! IT'S NOT JUST THE SOUND PRESSURE LEVEL IT'S THE FREQUENCIES THAT THE SOUND PRESSURE LEVEL IS AT SUCKS FOR THE HUMAN EAR!! WHENEVER I FLEW THE DRONE EVERYBODY TURNED AROUND AND COULD HEAR IT EVEN FROM 200 FEET UP EASILY IT IS NOT IN CONSPICUOUS BRINGS WAY TOO MUCH ATTENTION!! THIS IS ONE OF THE WORST THINGS YOU CAN HAVE BEING A DRONE PILOT..

THE MAVIC PRO IS A COUPLE OF DECIBELS LOWER WITH THE ORIGINAL PROPELLERS AND IT HAS A FREQUENCY THAT'S MORE LIKE AN AIRPLANE AND CALMING TO THE AIR.. BONUS YOU ADD THE PLATINUM PROPELLERS AND YOU HAVE 4 DB LESS NOISE THAT'S OVER TWICE AS LOWER!!

ENHANCED WI-FI IS NOT VERY GOOD ON THE AIR.. I live in an urban area and with the MAVIC AIR constantly losing signal!!! IT IS SO ANNOYING SOMETIMES I CAN'T EVEN GO 1000 FT WITHOUT COMPLETELY LOSING SIGNAL IN THE FPV QUALITY IS NOT THAT GREAT…

WHAT ABOUT THE CAMERAS? HAVE YOU READ CAPTAIN DRONES REVIEW OF THE( PRO VERSUS THE AIR) THE MAVIC PRO IS JUST AS GOOD IF NOT BETTER THAN THE AIR AND HAS A SHARPER LENS IN MORE PROFESSIONAL FEATURES!!

Here are the two links if you're interested..

CAPTAIN DRONE

WHY I LIKE THE MAVIC PRO BETTER?

Has a sharper lens, better gimbal meaning you can go faster without having the camera tilt in any direction, Shopper lens and professional camera features, 2.2 aperture better in low-light, the construction of the mavic pro just seems to be more professional and better made.. LIKE A PROFESSIONAL PIECE OF EQUIPMENT NO PUN INTENDED!! It seemed to fly much smoother than the AIR…

BATTERY LIFE. I know it's not a big difference but I can get about 5 minutes more out of the MAVIC PRO!!!

BETTER IN THE WIND ITS A BIGGER DRONE..

IT'S JUST AS COMPACT AS THE AIR.. you're probably laughing but most people use a backpack anyways I carry three batteries so to me it's about the same for portability.

( OCUSYNC, OCUSYNC, OCUSYNC ) DID I SAY IT ENOUGH TIMES ABSOLUTELY BLOWS AWAY ENHANCED WI-FI ON THE MAVIC ARE THAT DROVE ME CRAZY!!!

THE CONTROLLER!! YEP THE CONTROLLER IS MUCH BETTER BECAUSE YOU DON'T NEED YOUR PHONE TO FLY THE DRONE AND IT GIVES YOU PLENTY OF LCD INFORMATION!!! THIS SAYS COME IN HANDY MANY TIMES SAY IF YOUR SCREEN GOES OUT.. YOU CAN HIT RETURN TO HOME ON THE CONTROLLER MUCH MORE RELIABLE.

IN CONCLUSION:

The MAVIC PRO in my opinion is a pro for reason.. it seems to have more professional camera features quality, smoothness, range, like a professional drone.. IT IS A TRUE RELIABLE WORKHORSE!!!

THE MAVIC IS A GOOD DRONE BUT NOT AS GOOD AS THE MAVIC PRO OVERALL…

• May 24, 2018 at 11:08 PM

If you’ve used these drones, it’s pretty easy to guess. I never used an air. But after watching the latter two, I knew the answers.
    And I think you didn’t actually graded the footage. Those two looks like the direct output from those two drones. Something I don’t agree with you is that, the phantom to me is actually easier to setup and packup. Taking it out the case and put on the propellers is actually faster than taking out a mavic pro and unfolding it and the propellers. The same when you have to put them back. After I got the phantom, I feel more comfortable taking it out than the mavic.

• May 25, 2018 at 12:03 AM

Excellent excellent review by the way!!!

I've been saying this and arguing with people all the time when they talk about the Phantom 4 that the difference for most people I would say 90% of the country who's going to watch the stuff on social media will never notice the difference unless you put something side by side and give it to toriel why and nobody really gives a shit..

Furthermore most people do not care about 4K, most people's phones, social media apps and everything else including 90% of the television world still uses 1080p including billion dollar Industries like the NFL.

You will find out that wasting your money on the best 4K video and cameras is a waste of your time because they're going to go to 8K soon and it will make a real difference..

They have also done Placebo tests with normal people and about 10 to 12 feet away from a television nobody can tell the difference between 1080P or 4K

It's fine if everybody wants to go crazy over 4K because you are hobbyists and you enjoy the difference and the social media arguments..

But just please please please stop with all this difference you think it makes it only makes a difference to you..

Peace out

• May 25, 2018 at 12:11 AM

FINALLY SOMEONE WHO PROVES MY POINT OF ENDLESS HOURS OF ARGUING WITH ANAL-RETENTIVE 4K DRONE PILOTS..

I've been saying this for a long time now that no normal person can actually tell the difference unless you decide to do side-by-side comparisons and point out every little Nuance that nobody cares about..

All this stuff about how great the Phantom 4 camera is when the footage is being played on social media it's not going to make any difference that anyone will notice..

It only makes a difference to you the people who look for the difference the hobbyists 90% of the country does not care about 4K.. 90% of the country still has 1080p televisions, and almost nobody has phones are TVs that support 4K not even billion dollar Industries care about 4 cait like the NFL they still broadcast in 1080P..

They have done Placebo tests about 4K and at about 10 to 12 feet nobody can even tell the difference..

4K is going to be passed up by the eventual 8K or 16 K that will make a real difference..

So people wasting their money on 4K cameras, editing in 4K wasting space, and nobody wants to stream in 4k because of the buffering, and they don't want their data being used their data being used!!!

So all of your crazy editing and using 4K and worrying about 60 megabits per second vs 100 megabits per second is all for naught cuz no one notices and nobody cares!!!

What's more important is the person taking the pictures, and videos and who is in charge of flying the Drone..

• May 25, 2018 at 12:48 AM

A: Mavic Air
    B: Phantom 4 Pro 2.0
    C: Mavic Air

• May 25, 2018 at 12:52 AM

Wow, I only got the Phantom right :O awesome concept for a video!

• May 25, 2018 at 3:13 AM

My guesses and why: A-Air (Blurry edges, jumpy gimbal), B-P4P (Full Colour/contrast), C-MPro (Slightly desaturated compared to B due to smaller sensor)

• May 25, 2018 at 7:47 AM

Nice video mate, I couldn't tell the difference which drone did what footage.

• May 25, 2018 at 9:34 AM

I got the Phantom 4 Pro right away but the other two I had reversed.

• May 25, 2018 at 11:41 AM

B is obviously holding more visual details and C has jello. Therefore, A would be AIR. I will delete this comment if my guesses are wrong however….

• May 25, 2018 at 3:44 PM

Having all of these drones it was easy enough to tell the difference. P4p is much better quality followed by the Air and last of all the Platinum.

• May 25, 2018 at 4:35 PM

A clear and detailed indication of the differences (!) among the three drones, would have been MUCH MORE useful !!!

• May 25, 2018 at 5:19 PM

Found that A looked the best! Would have thought that that was the phantom

• May 25, 2018 at 8:20 PM

The Black cinematic Bars are Nonsens – think about that.

• May 26, 2018 at 2:23 AM

A: Phantom, B: Mavic Pro (Sharpness of the image gives it away) , C: Mavic Air

• May 26, 2018 at 1:09 PM

Question, how much louder is the phantom four then the Mavic pro? I love the quietness of the Mavic pro,

• May 27, 2018 at 2:33 AM

A- Air
    B- p-4
    C- platinum
    I guessed them all correct but it was very close. The air looked very close to the platinum. Just a little less crisp.
    The P4 Pro was slightly clearer and seemed to pop more.
    Nice video. It shows that Dji makes good drones of all types.