Ultimate DJI drones sound test

We’ve tested the sound level of DJI Spark, Mavic Air, Mavic Pro, Mavic Pro Plantium, Phantom 4 Pro and P4Pro 2.0. Also, we have tested the Mavic Pro and the P4Pro with the new low noise props.
Enjoy! 🙂

Also Instagram:

31 thoughts on “Ultimate DJI drones sound test

• June 8, 2018 at 6:39 PM

Alex, this was one very interest test and outcome from your sound tests on all the drones. One thing that stood out, the difference in sound levels between the Spark, Air and Pro. The higher pitch sound of the Spark and Air seems louder compared to the Pro, but in reality the Pro was louder, very interesting results! Thanks again for providing reviews and test that are out of the box than the norm, Well Done!

• June 8, 2018 at 7:55 PM

I thought the Mavic Pro was quieter than the Air. I got an Air, my buddy has a Pro. The Air seems louder because of the pitch I see now. Cool!

• June 8, 2018 at 10:16 PM

The parrot anafi is supposed to be pretty quiet

• June 8, 2018 at 10:49 PM

I have sound meter, which has low frequency filter.
    Besides, this test need to be done with pitch low and high limits. E.g 200-3000Hz.

• June 9, 2018 at 5:53 PM

They must have been using the P4P V2.o to get the advertised 4db reduction , because no one else has achieved those numbers by simply changing props on a P4P. Good test , but I don't think I will be dropping $$$ to replace what I am using now.

• June 9, 2018 at 8:43 PM

I've got an idea for an ultimate sound test. Step 1: build a soundproof room with padded walls (ok, that might be an overkill). Step 2: mount 4 DB meters – above/below, front/side position – simulating various listening perspectives. Step 3: launch the drone and observe noise levels. Step 4: Profit! (link to the gear is down below in the description)

• June 12, 2018 at 9:41 AM

What about Mavic Pro Platinum with new propellers?????

• June 15, 2018 at 10:34 PM

Great test, especially with the line up! It's always amazing how a small change in dB levels makes a big difference because of the logarithmic scale.

• June 26, 2018 at 12:32 AM

Awesome! Now it’s time for an ultimate drag race.

• August 12, 2018 at 1:20 AM

Great test and comparison hovering at 5 feet. Please do another test, hovering them at some typical flying distances. You could do 20 feet high and 20, 30, and 40 feet away. 30 feet high, etc. One could then gauge the approximate height (or distance away) each drone becomes “relatively quiet.” Please also explain the logarithmic scale of the dB principle and explain your use of dBa. The side by side sound clip and the chart was the best; use the same format.

• September 6, 2018 at 7:18 PM

Great video and review. I am debating heavily before purchasing either the Mavic Air or the Mavic 2 zoom, and one issue is noise. Now, I know the Mavic 2 is a lot quieter than the Air. The high pitched noise of the Air is a big “complaint,” and attention getter, but is it REALLY a problem at typical flying distances and heights. There is NO comparison or analysis on YouTube (I can find) that takes distances into account. Be the first. Thanks for giving this some thought.

• September 10, 2018 at 11:04 PM

Thanks for this useful video, I'm asking if the noise level increase when you get gear or accelerate the aircraft. This test noise is only for drone in overing and could be less if you compare when you push the stick to pump up the drone in the sky. Appreciate your feedback and if is possible to measure noise when you accelerate your drone to max speed. Thanks in advance. Sergio from Italy

• October 24, 2018 at 6:49 AM

very interesting, thank you! personally I fly Spark and always it seems pretty loud to me but never had a chance to compare with any other DJI products. All I can say is that I expected a little bigger dB difference.

• December 18, 2018 at 9:54 PM

First of all thanks very useful. But the real difference is not only the loudness itself but the frequency. Usually the higher frequencies are much more annoying than the same volume lower ones.. I would love to see a spectrometer comparison.

• December 22, 2018 at 12:03 PM

1:56 am I The only one that is thinking about Pokemon cries and their evolutions?