2019 A BAD YEAR FOR DJI ?

Tough year coming for DJI … what do you think about what we said here for upcoming drones and gimbals? Let us know :)!

Get your new DJI Osmo Pocket here: https://goo.gl/GhvoMu

Our sunglasses: https://www.asseneyewear.com

Alex

33 thoughts on “2019 A BAD YEAR FOR DJI ?

• March 24, 2019 at 5:22 AM

The ultimate drone! 4K camera that will pan 180 degrees up and down, 3 axis stabilization, Zoom, complete all the way around including up and down collision avoidance with go around even in coming home mode, Omni directional, long range heavy penetrating signal, minimum of half hour flights in a small stealthy non evasive, non intimidating hard to see drone, And all the other common features. I wish I had all the feature I mentioned in the spark. To be able to fly it anywhere and people won't even notice your there!

• March 25, 2019 at 7:04 PM

Drone below 250g is really actual in Europe and if DJI release lighter version of Sparc drone(below 250g) I'll buy it. Camera in Mavic Air still not good enough. Zoom in Mavic Pro 2 isn't enougth for me. More sensors, more automatic flight modes… Where is stagnation?!

• March 26, 2019 at 7:22 PM

That’s the stupidity of consumerism. As for me, they’re much cheaper now on EBay.

• March 28, 2019 at 12:12 AM

Hi , can u plz let me know the best selfie drone for travel worth buying at the moment 2019 ? Thank u

• March 29, 2019 at 3:37 AM

Consumer drone market isn't growing as fast as expected. And DJI drones are so good that they can last years. This is why DJI is shifting to the commercial space. However, I read that DJI is working with an AI company since 2018. AI could be a game changer. We shall see.

• March 30, 2019 at 10:25 PM

One thing that slows down or limits most battery-powered gizmos is battery capability. More power should be available in the same size battery, giving longer flying time, and I like the way Amazon is looking at drones for delivering its products – this means that drones should in future be able to handle larger weights, which is basically a demand on batteries.

• April 1, 2019 at 12:24 AM

Dangerous? DJI is the Mercedes of drones….they have nothing to worry about.

• April 1, 2019 at 1:51 AM

Like I'm going to listen to a guy with the word ASS in his name. LMAO!

• April 1, 2019 at 6:34 AM

The cameras have a long way to go, dynamic range, 120 FPS, zoom, interchangeable lenses. That alone. 360 camera too. With out increasing resolution. Nighttime video is shit so far.

• April 1, 2019 at 6:30 PM

I agree with you..going to be a tough year moving forward for DJI and the drone industry. Like the smartphone industry, at some point a market reaches saturation. The novelty of drones is wearing off, DJI's products have taken over the market, laws are getting stricter…time for DJI to start REALLY dropping the prices on their drones. DJI is already moving its emphasis over to Agricultural drone applications, so the handwriting is on the wall…

• April 3, 2019 at 12:58 PM

wait for mavic 3 pro 4k/120. am sure they are cooking something. Nice videos bro

• April 4, 2019 at 3:11 AM

It seems like they have hit the consumer market for drones. they could focus on the more industrial things like the Mavis 2 Enterprise or the Matrice.  I agree with your points but don't believe 2019 will be tough for DJI.

• April 4, 2019 at 1:14 PM

A great company will continue to make great products. They have teams of people thinking creatively for this. They can work with companies to start doing more modeling of buildings, getting measurements, specializing in rescue operations, or fire operations. Maybe an underwater drone. Maybe a quieter drone. A drone that can be flown in no fly areas due to air traffic. Drones that can be flown in areas that have started restricting use of drones.

• April 11, 2019 at 4:47 AM

Technology never stops and DJI is a genius company that stays on top of it. Just because we can’t see where technology is going to progress doesn’t mean it won’t. Look at the enterprise…. yet again DJI has jumped to another level in drones. 24 gig internal encrypted storage, geo tagging, interchangeable payloads.. list goes on. I cant wait to see what new thing they come up with. I guess I’m seeing things opposite from you. DJI is king but that’s a big target. Other companies will hopefully step up and beat them to the next big thing in drones and keep the tech booming!!! But… I did very much enjoy your point of view and thank you for that.. keep em coming🙂

• April 14, 2019 at 12:17 PM

Personally, I have a Phantom 4 and never upgraded beyond it mostly due to the high costs from DJI (an others). Add in the problematic geofencing and it isn't for me. I use mine for travel videos with aerial perspectives and it is more or less fine for that. But, I frequently have the props in the scene and this happens with many of the high end drones out there. I bought a Dobby 4K for flying when traveling so as to be under the dreaded 250g limit. I also am getting into FPV racing type which is a whole new ball game which DJI so far has shown zero interest in developing for. So, IMHO DJI has a limited appeal to a select group. of pilots who are less professional (meaning need the assistance). My next drone will be the FIMI X8 which at under $500 is very competitive to DJI Mavics. It does not suffer from mandatory geofencing (which even if you have an approved flight plan by FAA you can not overcome), is light, has a 28 minute flight time and 4K video on a 3 axis gimbal. Similar are the Parrot Amalfi and the Zino all coming in roughly half the cost of a similar DJI product. Yes, the DJI is perhaps a more refined product but the price is also extremely high. So, it is up to the buyer to decide what is best for them. FPV racing drones aren't cheap either and a complete setup with transmitter, goggles, etc. is going to be around $1000 with the actual drone running around $200 or less. It is an exciting time.

• April 14, 2019 at 5:34 PM

i'm just curious, do you have any long time experience (history) as a evaluator or marketing expert? To speak with the authority of experience and have influence over a market field you should be in the field for some period of time and pay your dues. For me you have no credibility and would not influence my purchasing of another DJI product at all. In fact pros have backups for their primary equipment and you didn't mention that aspect in your video, as wel as various tools for different situations. Actually, what do you hope to achieve from posting this video; a discussion; an overview of company strategy, assuming you have influence over DJI's performance in the market; or are you actually trolling the company because of some other agenda? I'm just curious.

• April 18, 2019 at 3:40 PM

perfect? water proof alone is big feature not yet available

• May 4, 2019 at 7:50 PM

You are talking The truth homeboy my DJI spark it’s flyaway which one do you think I supposed to have and I’m learning how to be a video photographer

• May 6, 2019 at 11:46 PM

I kind of agree with you in that DJI has refined so much their drones that they are canibalizing their own higher lines. For example, if they improve just a bit the Mavic 2 image quality, then there is no point anymore for anyone to buy a Phantom 4 Pro. Then, if they improve just a bit the Phantom line, then they will start stealing customers from pro-level drones like the Inspires. Longer flight times are always welcome, but I guess DJI drones already reached an acceptable level in this regards, with 20~30min flight times already. And I don't think many people would upgrade just for a little extra minutes as main feature (some will, for sure). On the other hand, DJI dominates the high end consumer market, so I'm not convinced it will be a hard year for them. Maybe a year with less launches, but if the mighty DJI is not doing well in the drone industry, who is?

• May 6, 2019 at 11:50 PM

BTW, I wouldn't be surprised if the rumors that DJI is killing the Phantom line are true. This line is reaching a dead end, being pushed by the Mavic 2 line from the bottom..

• May 7, 2019 at 9:47 PM

Kind of a stupid video really. A bit like saying to Usain Bolt after he won the 100m , Usain congratulations and all that but you are now the fastest man on the planet. There is no one left to race…..you have shot yourself in the foot!!!

• May 18, 2019 at 4:00 AM

they could put a more wider range lock downs on the no fly zones so we cant even fly on planet earth…..later they could extend it to the moon mars and / or this galaxy and so on, then offer unlocks at the cost of a new drone… that should help

• May 28, 2019 at 7:23 PM

Osmo pocket 2, Osmo pocket Pro.. DJI got many options to refresh with better cameras. Lower F stop, wider lenses, Zoom Lenses, better sensors as they become available.

• June 7, 2019 at 3:03 PM

i see why you dont work for DJI. i disagree with you.
    "DJI IS DOOMED"
    guy has all their products

no sir, YOU ARE DOOMED…YOU dont have anything new to review.