Why we won't buy the Sony a6400 not even as a second camera

Preorder your new a6400: https://amzn.to/2U9V4cb
Get your a6500: https://amzn.to/2sGezO4

We own the Sony Alpha a6500 and we’re so happy about it that we had to do this video answering if we would purchase the new sony a6400… hope you like it!

Follow us on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/wetalkuav

Our sunglasses: https://www.asseneyewear.com

Alex

28 thoughts on “Why we won't buy the Sony a6400 not even as a second camera

• January 22, 2019 at 2:04 PM

First comment please shout out me in your next video pleaseeeeeee

• January 22, 2019 at 2:10 PM

But if you have a gimbal, whatโ€™s the problem with no in-body IBIS?

• January 22, 2019 at 2:48 PM

Of course is an upgrade of the 6300 and not the 6500 that' why is called 6400๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿพโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿพโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿพโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ and if you always use a gimbal there is problem with having no ibis๐Ÿค”

• January 22, 2019 at 3:56 PM

Was just about to buy the 6400….thanks for the info! Should I wait for the next โ€œ6500โ€ version? Or go the Canon route? Excellent video as always!

• January 22, 2019 at 6:58 PM

The new background looks very good !

• January 22, 2019 at 7:58 PM

Thanks for your thoughts๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

• January 23, 2019 at 1:07 AM

Thanks for the info however the Sony A6400 is a wonderful camera and I will be getting it.

• January 23, 2019 at 8:26 AM

Nice preview! I'm using an A6300 and wonder if there's a big difference between IBIS and the OSS (Optical Image Stabilisation) built into the lenzes (SELP1650/SEL5520) i have.

• January 24, 2019 at 1:46 AM

Hi, would you consider using a protective mat โ€žfilmโ€œ to protect the screen of the Smart remote, since there is no case for it yet ?!
    Does it affect the clarity of the screen ? Thanks

• January 24, 2019 at 4:58 PM

I'd still take the A6400 for the brighter screen, newer AF features and no recording limit. If I can't use my gimbal I'll use an OSS lens. Sony IBIS isn't a game change at the best of times.

• January 24, 2019 at 8:07 PM

Man, I think you guys missed the MOST important factor that makes this camera better then the A6500 and the reason I pre-ordered it….you mentioned it, but glossed over what it really means….the PROCESSOR….this camera will not over heat and it can record for longer then 29min AND…even though the battery is the same its been proven in about five different videos now to last about 40% longer then the A6500. So you might have IBIS, but I can shoot longer and not overheat the camera…..AND, not dim the screen which you do mention would ALONE be worth it. The ONLY reason NOT to upgrade from an A6300 or A6500 is if you were going to wait for the A7000 or whatever they call it, or step up to FF. otherwise, for the price its a no brainer, sell your (HEAT INFLICTED A6500) for almost the same price as this new camera and have all the new sony firmware features that come along with it.

• January 25, 2019 at 5:56 AM

Itโ€™s a 6300 II. You are right, if it Gad been over 1000$ I would be looking at the M50

• January 25, 2019 at 7:52 PM

very nice. Thanks for the information!

• January 28, 2019 at 6:55 PM

I'm struggling to make a decision on which to get. 6400 or 6500. It'll be my FIRST big camera since I've been using my smartphone.

Everytime I get excited about the a6400 reviewers crush it with the mention of no IBIS. But I was planning on getting lenses with OSS anyway. But I'm so torn on which. Maybe I should wait for the a6700 – a7000…?

• January 29, 2019 at 7:47 PM

[ ๐Ÿ“ข READ THIS IT WILL HELP YOU ] A6400 is much more better camera than A6300 & A6500 because:

1. NO 30 minutes record limit: A6300 &A6500 will not get this update do the old tax issue,

2. NO overheat (better image processor) like A6300/A6500
    3. It offers longer battery life up to 1 hour 30 minutes
    but is uses the same battery like A6300/A6500,
    4. Image process from A9 = amazing fast AF [ 425 points (phase-detection AF) / 425 points (contrast-detection AF) ] better than A6300/A6500 [ 425 points (phase-detection AF) / 169 points (contrast-detection AF) ],

5. 2 New AF engines with Real-time Tracking that are only in A6400 – old cameras don't have this (you need this new image processor)
    6. TIME LAPSE build in
    7. Full Flip Screen
    8. A6500 has got IBIS but in video in motion it is very bad (this body is to small to offer good image stabilization) – you need gimbal and without it you get better price for A6400 $899 (A6400 + gimbal = a bit more than A6500 price)
    9. New Hight Dynamic Range picture profile
    10. Better build in microphone – it offer very nice audio if you are not in wind area,
    11. Support higher ISO,
    12. Screen doesn't dim when you record.

Summarizing: A6400 is better than A6300/A6500 ๐Ÿ˜Š (IBIS in A6500 is not worth this extra 12 points that you get in A6400).

• January 30, 2019 at 4:48 PM

I shoot the A6500; mostly for stills. I was quite excited about the A6400 until I realized the lack of IBIS in the A6400. I am totally underwhelmed wit that camera… I ope Sony will come out with a crop camera addition/replacement for the A6500.
    A Canon executive recently bemoaned that the sales of cameras were going flat, Well, as long as Canon/Sony/Nikon are more interested in protecting the sales of certain of their present cameras and therefore watering down the parameters of new cameras, sales will continue to slump…

• February 9, 2019 at 12:56 AM

I think not having IBIS keeps the camera cheap, so it's more consumer friendly. I don't get why Sony can't include electronic stabilization like GoPro 7 has as an alternative, which seems to be as good as OSS or IBIS in some cases.

• February 11, 2019 at 5:53 AM

Why don't they want to kill the a6500??? Its in the same line. No one is going to buy the a6500 now anyways. New processor, better af, better battery performance, no recording limit, cheaper > a6500.

• February 18, 2019 at 10:45 PM

Minus the ibis everything about the 6400 is better than the 6500. And ibis on the 6500 is crap.

• March 20, 2019 at 6:37 AM

Hi – I was going to buy a A6400 to go on a Weebill Lab – do you think the A6500 is the better camera for this because it adds an extra layer of IBIS.