WHY ARE DRONES NOT TRENDY ANYMORE?

Drone are not trending anymore.
Nobody cares anymore about drone shots, drone tech and drone news and here is why.

#dronesin2019 #droneindustry #droneworld

Follow us on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/wetalkuav

Our sunglasses: https://www.asseneyewear.com

OUR GEAR

Camera https://amzn.to/2sGezO4
Lens1 https://amzn.to/2WJfGtY
Lens2 https://amzn.to/2WJfOts
Mics https://amzn.to/2GcQur2

Alex

41 thoughts on “WHY ARE DRONES NOT TRENDY ANYMORE?

• February 28, 2019 at 7:38 PM

go to http://www.mavicpilots.com and read all of the stories about plastic junk falling out of the sky. #DJI sells you a fantasy and they don't care about their customers. They are like a military recruiter… once you sign on the dotted line they don't give two fucks what happens next they just want your money.

• February 28, 2019 at 7:38 PM

these videos get better and better. Great job, guys!!

• February 28, 2019 at 7:49 PM

I said last year DJI have set the bar after the launch of the Mavic 2 at the higher end for the hobbyist, apart from the possible launch of the P5 and maybe another version of the Spark I can’t see a lot more coming this year on the drone front, but no doubt DJI will have something temping up their sleeve Lol and yes it will be expensive.
    Thanks & regards.

• February 28, 2019 at 8:13 PM

Well, that’s true that there’s no trending until something new comes out, but it’s trending every single time when I put my drone in the air, everyone around me is “wooooooow” and the questionnaire begins… Drones are amazing even a 2-3 year old phantom… Different perspective! (Great video man as always)

• February 28, 2019 at 8:43 PM

Hi Alex, cooles und auch lustiges Video 😸👍🏻❗️Kannst Du mir den Begriff UAV erklären? Was heißt das denn ausgeschrieben usw. DANKE 😺❗️

• February 28, 2019 at 9:59 PM

These are problems we have to fight against…somehow 😂

Btw…it is important, that we have laws. Without them there would be a lot of chaos.

And for the part you've seen all.
    That is for the big channels. They always record the same sceneries.
    Small pilots record places, other channels don't do.
    I am the best example. I recorded places, I've never saw on YouTube before.

• February 28, 2019 at 10:29 PM

Drone licensing is a whats of money. Will never understand why you need a drone license for commercial use. The biggest money making scheme ever especially here in South Africa,
    End of the day you as a drone pilot must respect the environment. Just don’t do stupid stuff with your drone that will cause harm to the society.

• February 28, 2019 at 11:46 PM

I see your point…in a way! In the USA we aren't traveling to Africa to fly our drones.

This hobby is for the big boys toys. It isn't really for the for the girls…OK girls slap me down, BUT get your sisters a drone, will you?

A drone can be used for racing, which is the coming thing. A drone can be that elevated camera either for a hobby or commercially.

Yeah, I could go on. But, think through what you said. MOST people can't afford buying every NEW drone that comes along. So do we need to pay for subtle changes made in drones?

Of course we need some control over flying in a crowded sky. We don't want anyone's person or property injured or destroyed by what I'll call Bandit Flyers.

So there you have it. KEEP them flying!

• March 1, 2019 at 12:44 AM

a quiet time is a good opportunity to focus on mastering your flying skills and enjoy being more creative with your filming and editing instead of chasing the latest toy

• March 1, 2019 at 2:29 AM

Get a 5 inch…racer. and bust a huge power loop….it's good for the soul. I dig reading a lot of your articles. Thanks.

• March 1, 2019 at 3:48 AM

I think the trend will be drones under the 250g weight. I see more 3 inch race quads coming out than 5 inch because of drone laws. So hopefully DJI takes note and start cutting weight so we fly in more places.

• March 1, 2019 at 4:39 AM

Hai BrotheR Iam Frome India
    I want to start a YouTube channel related to drone in Telugu so please help me BrotheR I want your support

• March 1, 2019 at 4:48 AM

As I realized and keep saying for some 5 years…FLIGHT TIME is the barrier for drones since then…and this regards A NEW BATTERY TECHNOLOGY, GRAPHENE OR ANOTHER! ENOUGH LI-PO!!! As long as that
    Battery revolution doesn't come, manufacturers will keep squeezed around 20-25 minute, fancying the consumer with unreal flight time marketing, bunch of intelligent flight modes, false/pseudo/limited obstacle avoidance sensors, and many Dollars more expensive…

• March 1, 2019 at 7:17 AM

I used to be able to shoot great footage anywhere with mavic 1 now with mavic 2 pro and this new updated dji fly zone geo map suckssss everywhere is almost a no fly zone and a lot of grey color strips that only allow 60 feet in height to many restrictions

• March 1, 2019 at 7:20 AM

i had one for fhotogs and footage…….
    crashed it finally with too much damage to repare
    don’t really like to replace because:
    -too expensive
    -become too old(60)
    -too much stress when flying
    -already too much footage from above on the net

it will stay a niche occupation……
    I have never heard a lady talking about 3d photography,360 photography,action cams,surround audio cd,……..
    all very interesting ,but after the hype,there are only the pros who really stay inside……

• March 1, 2019 at 8:41 AM

Right. Drones are not trendy anymore and that´s great. Smartphones aren´t, DSLRs and DSLMs aren´t etc. They are parts of our daily lives and our daily businesses (at least to some of us). They are are great tool to achieve what we want to achieve as photographers and filmmakers. They provide angles I can´t get with a regular camera and that´s what they are for. As with any other tool use them wisely, use them to support your project and your story but don´t overuse them.

I bought my first drone a year ago and I started to produce a shortmovie "home from above" (workingtitle) where I show my home area…well from above obviously. But after a few weeks I stopped and changed the working title simply into "home" because I decided that noone wants to see even a 3 minute movie thas has droneshots only (at least I find it boring). So I started to create "regular" shots to add to the movie and I assume once it´s finished it will be a much better movie then the original planned one.

So use drones as one tool in a set of tools. You also don´t build a house with just a hammer, but a hammer helps to build it.

Oh…and btw: YES, many of those laws suck like hell but stupid drone "pilots" also suck.

• March 1, 2019 at 8:52 AM

you say you have seen all ? maybe, because 99% of videos are just plain, meaningless flights. We rarely see any cinematic nice creation but every single "reviewer" teaches cinematic everything but honestly reading a script and advertising is ALL they do or can do. We need community of creators and not blah blah -ators.

• March 1, 2019 at 10:16 AM

Yet another exaple women are different than man. I can already hear SJW's butt hurt 🙂

• March 1, 2019 at 10:41 AM

The fact that women aren't interested in drones is not a problem that needs to be fixed. It's a choice, and one that women are free to chose anytime they want. After all, its not like there's a female way to fly a drone.

Reason 5 is that everybody's paranoid and we're just caught in one of those times in history. Thing is, laws won't stop anybody that want to use them to intentionally do harm. Just the other day someone used their car to intentionally run a man over (and killed him) because he felt the law didn't punish the man enough after he had previous committed a crime against a member of his family. He did that regardless of the laws.

• March 1, 2019 at 11:31 AM

He's right. Drones, like RC flying are going to be restricted to RC flying fields. There will always be waivers for industrial applications but where does that leave the consumer? Also, DJI is it's own worst enemy. Monopolies are never healthy for a market. The only innovation is in the industrial sector. Go to Interdrone in Las Vegas next September and you'll see some wild machines.

• March 1, 2019 at 12:42 PM

I agree but some drone shots are necessary for a good video!

I try to get the Autel EVO in Germany
    It has NO -no fly zone and finally 4K 60fps👍
    Enjoy the power of life🤙

• March 1, 2019 at 1:07 PM

I think the vloggers are going to have to stop depending on dji for source of content for easy work, get out make some videos, go teach others how to fly, how to improve technique of good filiming, how to enjoy their experience of flying drones, teach them rules of safe flying, of travelling with drones etc etc etc.
    The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.”

• March 1, 2019 at 5:01 PM

Hi Alex !, I don't know if this is a coincidence…but i have been feeling the same as you, all week…SMALL STORY = i am going on a small family holiday to Jordan on Friday, and it's been a week now that i am trying to decide if it's a good idea to take my Mavic 2 pro with me. (drone photography is my passion, i fly every week here in Cyprus..no matter what !), i have looked on drone laws for Jordan, i have checked forums regarding drones in Jordan, i did a lot of research, IT'S A MIX UP ! …most are negative because they don't want you to fly !. The end result will be : i will not take it, and i will visit wonderful places, which i would have taken great footage from…but in stead i will be kicking my self why i did not take my Mavic. On the other hand…either it will be confiscated and i will spend my 3 day vacation in an Arab prison….+ (my wife will kill me if i get out), or i will take it and be shit scared to fly ! I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY EVERYONE WILL JUST LET US DO OUR HOBBY ! IT'S REALLY A SHAME AND I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED ! P.S. Nice Video.

• March 1, 2019 at 5:13 PM

I think you missing the point of a drone is helping if you are doing your story right in editing your vlog

• March 1, 2019 at 6:10 PM

Seems to me most people of America and take drone operators are irritating or perverts

• March 1, 2019 at 6:29 PM

Agreed.. restrictions causing us to leave our drones home… price too.. why go pay all that cash for conversation piece, because thats all it is when you have to study where can i fly, when can i fly, which countries im allowed to fly. The majority of drone users are in it for the thrill, to go new places and explore from above. Hardly ever to do wrong doings. When you have flown in almost all the must fly places in your country… ur left with, "what next?"

• March 1, 2019 at 6:43 PM

Its not about being trendy , who cares what others think ? Flying drones is for personal enjoyment and being trendy doesn't even come into it !

• March 1, 2019 at 6:53 PM

The next real “breakthrough” will be battery life, or some new technology that dramatically increases flight time for free flight systems. Until then all we will see are the incremental improvements that mark any technology that’s run up against its own major limitations.

• March 1, 2019 at 9:15 PM

Here in the US where I live, I’m surrounded by airports and hospitals with helicopters. The B4UFly apply shows no fly zone all the time. It’s impossible to fly drones unless I go to certain areas downtown but even there the cops give you a hard time or you will have to drive to rural areas that have nothing to do with the content you want to film. This is the main reason I haven’t purchased a drone. Instead, i have invested on some camera gimbals and also the Osmo Pocket. Sure they aren’t s drone, but for a video enthusiast is good enough. If I ever need an aerial shot, there are cheap stock videos I can always use. Your video is nothing but the truth, especially if you spend a lot of money on something you can’t use. DJI needs to continue innovating technology that doesn’t restrict the end user as much with these crazy laws.

• March 2, 2019 at 4:56 AM

You hit on all points! But none of that matters much for us people that like to just fly them.

• March 2, 2019 at 1:15 PM

If drones aren't "trendy" anymore, then I'm glad. That means for the hobby flyers and professional flyers who follow all the rules, we can skew the overall image in our favour. On average, I spend twice as much time preparing for a flight as I do flying. I take at least one spotter with me. Yes that costs, as does access to an area I can fly.