SKYDIO 2 DRONE THE REASON BEHIND

Is the hype behind the new Skydio 2 drone real? Yes probably. But it’s not a Mavic killer nor a DJI competitor. Here’s why. Hope you like it.

Check the amazing new Skydio 2: https://www.skydio.com/

Our own project sunglasses: https://www.asseneyewear.com

Follow us on Instagram for BTS footage: https://www.instagram.com/wetalkuav
Alex’ IG: https://www.instagram.com/alexassenma…
Chivo’s IG: https://www.instagram.com/xaviguirola

We have signed with our friends at Artlist.io, they provide us with awesome songs for our vids.
If you want to check their plans out: http://bit.ly/2K4soQX

Our Gear

Camera Sony a6500: https://amzn.to/2ViEoo7
Sony 18-105mm lens: https://amzn.to/2PPgWZq
Samyang 12mm lens: https://amzn.to/2H4QtVh
Sennheiser mics: https://amzn.to/2JiArbO
Ronin S: http://bit.ly/2VaVbED

#skydio2 #mavickiller #drones

Alex

25 thoughts on “SKYDIO 2 DRONE THE REASON BEHIND

• October 22, 2019 at 6:32 AM

You are blabbering against Skydio 2 even if you haven't tested it yet? What a pathetic video! You butt hurts because the guys at Skydio did not send you their drone to review?

• October 22, 2019 at 3:32 PM

Obstacle avoidance on the Skydio 2 is a game changer. Period. I had Phantom 3, Spark, Air and Mavic Pro but the obstacle avoidance with its 6 cameras attached are simply amazing. I hike, ride motorcycles and ride bicycles. This will be my GO TO DRONE. Would have been great if the remote control and beacon are included on the 1k price. Anyway it's about time an American drone company is challenging DJI. Fair competition is always good.

• October 22, 2019 at 4:22 PM

Itโ€™s obvious. In order to give the market what they want, drone manufacturers must consider the use of two processors and two batteries. One processor for navigation and avoidance, the other processor for filming. Simply put, a combination of Skydio 2 autonomy, DJI compact and flight distance (MP2)…No way we will see this until the processing power can handle the bit rate for 4k+ video processing speed, AI autonomous flight. We consumers want all the goodies at the lowest price. The Skydio 2 is NOT a landscape videographers dream but rather an action selfie drone. I want both in one drone but I donโ€™t think I can afford it, lol.

• October 22, 2019 at 7:09 PM

I have followed you for 2 years …. Why aren't you hitting 100k….. Your contents are too good…. Love your channel

• October 23, 2019 at 6:09 AM

I would expect more for an American made drone. Otherwise it is crap. It is the next Karma. Ha!

• October 24, 2019 at 9:56 PM

When the first SKYDIOs come in for repair, this company will quickly close, and DJI will remain the king of drones.

• October 25, 2019 at 4:23 AM

I'm excited because this has the real potential to shake up the stagnating drone market. Serious competition for DJI is exactly what we need. Not about to give up my Mavic 2 for it though.

• October 25, 2019 at 10:48 PM

So now dji are bringing out the mini an update on the spark

• October 25, 2019 at 10:56 PM

You mentioned a lifetime warranty, did they recently change that? All I can find is a "Limited" 1 year warranty, as long as it is operated within their undefined (I cant find them anyway) "Safe Flight Guidelines"… I already have my reservation and all so I am planning on getting one already, but your not the only reviewer that has mentioned a "Lifetime Warranty" and that's why I am curious, If they are flip flopping on their customer support, I may reconsider…

• October 26, 2019 at 3:21 AM

I put my $100 down for a reservation. One of the justifications of getting into drones in the first place was to take video's of my wife riding her horse. I haven't yet gotten much in that area. Looks like the Skydio 2 will finally be the drone that can do the job without hitting any saguaro cactus which are plenty here in Phoenix deserts.

• October 27, 2019 at 6:46 AM

I like DJI but some dji lovers refuse to want to believe that something may be better.

• October 27, 2019 at 10:13 PM

Skydio is killing it on virtually every level I can think of excepting one. Marketing โœ”, pricing โœ”, design โœ”, innovation โœ”, features โœ”, warranty โœ”, funding โœ”. That's almost undeniable. The one place they do seem to be lagging is in production. Waiting six months of a piece of tech is tantamount to playing Russian Roulette for those that want to stay on the cutting edge. This drone isn't meant to be a "Mavic killer" in the general drone space, simply in it's niche as an action sports filming platform. The autonomy, although wonderfully innovative, is a component bi-product of a well thought out and hopefully well executed plan to make the ULTIMATE platform for this particular purpose. For those that don't particularly get a thrill from flying (an crashing) their cameras around, the Skydio 2 provides them with an answer. " You do You, and let the Skydio 2 film it." It's not going to be a racing drone, it's not going to be an ultra compact portable drone and who knows how responsive it will be as a traditionally functional flyer, I haven't seen anyone trying that as yet. What it will be is a brilliant leader in a space that has already been proven by the proliferation of the "action camera" market. The Skydio 2 is simply that, a very capable action camera that can fly around filming you without you worrying about it crashing. That's the space it's targeted at and the one I predict it will rule at least initially for quite a while. IF DJI has decided to get off of it's butt and actually produce a new product with some actual innovation, we'll all see if that has anything to do with the Skydio 2's predicted effect on the market. If it is a similar product, well then I would say that DJI owes Skydio a big "thank you" for getting them back in gear and actually producing something new. If not, then the point is moot and we'll all just have to hope that DJI hasn't simply chosen to rehash it's old tech once again or even take a step backwards like they apparently have with their yet to be released Mini.

We'll all know soon enough.

• November 1, 2019 at 4:47 AM

I'm excited, but until I can order one online and get it within a couple weeks, it's all vapor-ware to me…

• November 2, 2019 at 12:29 AM

The ability to fly it without fear of crashing is enough reason to buy it.

• November 3, 2019 at 4:58 PM

Lots of drone hype lately (Mavic Mini, Skydio 2, maybe Mavic 3 soonish). At issue, excitement, money and patience. Skydio 2 has my attention. I waited few days to before pressing buy and now there is no rush whatsoever. The Skydio 2 production is very limited. There is no need to lock down an order at this time. Your not getting it for 6-months. Your not getting it for Christmas, your not getting it before the possible Mavic 3 releases. In fact. If the Mavic 3 is all its hyped to be, you will click โ€œbuyโ€ not the M3, wait 2 weeks and see it ship, then receive it long before you will ever get your hands on the Skydio 2. To me, that is very frustrating but an awesome way to manage my excitement and get me to hold off buying. Whew!

• November 3, 2019 at 6:56 PM

Lol you guys know that there is a Skydio r1 right. Really hope you had covered that in the video. As the tech actually works as described and yes I have never had a crash.

• November 3, 2019 at 11:22 PM

I luv my DJI drones but come on…noticed u were one of the 1st to receive and review the Mavic mini were not stupid ! … If any DJI drone used the beacon it would end up in the 1st tree it encountered. If the gps went haywire on the skydio it still wouldn't crash unless it went dark before the battery ran out ๐Ÿ˜ฑ.

• November 9, 2019 at 8:41 PM

dear skydio…can you add fordability , camera 1 inch sensor , long battery life time , radio signal .. if none of this.. your drone is for action drone only..people like jogging , biking..etc.. i would love to see in the future added this features to your drone… and call it DJI killer … own openion.. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

• November 10, 2019 at 8:57 PM

As skydio r2 is selling so good, itโ€™s so good to see a dji fanboy bash it! LOL

• November 15, 2019 at 6:41 AM

Am waiting on mavic pro 3 I think they will add Ip

• November 15, 2019 at 6:43 AM

Maybe the same one that in that drone I hope Because I like my folding drone plus I like to fly long range n I get 30mins n the video this good up to 4 miles away n itโ€™s in HD